Follow Me!

Friday, December 2, 2016

Crazy Cat Lady

While sorting through all my accessories, I realized Koda and I have collected quit a few cat pieces that needed homes.
Placing cats is an awful task, so we needed to find one home for all of them.


One less cat to place?


Instead of tossing him aside, I decided to set up a quick repair room.
After saving the cats life, I propped him in Koda's litter box she got from our friend to dry.
Also glued legs back on a chest, cookies back on to a tray and some smaller pieces back on a shelf.



Target has a small section of shadow boxes for around $10.



I stained the exterior and the floor and put up some pink wallpaper that I had on hand.
Still need to clean up the edges of the paper, but overall this turned out OK.







When I was sorting through my wallpapers, I found a couple full sheets of neutral paper.
Figured I could throw them up in the Thanksgiving display. The previous paper had glue stains in the corners.


This was the picture I was going to display for the post, but then I realized that the baseboards should be dry by now and I could get a better picture.

Wait!! I can't move!! My Fitbit is on the charger!
Gasp!! Almost moved without getting credit for it!


New paper with the new baseboards from Hobby Lobby. I love that these came already white.


Also added boards to the Easter Kitchen.

Put up my fancy new baseboards in the nursery of Grandma's house.


Baseboard on the left wall is just tacked in, until I can decide on a paper for the hallway.


Remember the kitchen in Grandma's house?
The overbearing blue counter had to go.


Much better.
The photo makes these counters look darker than what they really are ~
Kinda like the camera makes me look 10 pounds heavier?


Would ya look at that face!?
My grandson enjoying playing with the barn. 


For Thanksgiving Dakoda and I drove down to Texas to spend a week with my Dad.
Isn't he adorable?

 


We took our time getting back to Michigan, stopping off to visit Elvis in Graceland.
We also we to the Country Music Hall of Fame, and the best -
the Johnny Cash museum. 






3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Dakoda's getting tall! And your grandson is so cute! It's been too long since I've seen you guys.

    The little kitty box turned out cute, and I like the new kitchen counters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all fun and games until someone passes out in the litter box. :D Nice save on the cat! That's a super cute shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you've done with the cats! They look really good in that shadow box!

    ReplyDelete