Follow Me!

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Every Little Girl Needs A Dollhouse


We all know that I make some pretty cute kids. So do my sisters.
So of course I have a boat load of adorable nieces and nephews.

This is my great niece Brae. She will be 5 in September. 


Here is the boat load of offspring, and one more on the way to add to our collection soon.
My 3 boys are missing.


I felt bad that I have just kept the half finished RGT Bungalow tucked away in the closet, screaming for attention.

UGH! Did I really offer to part with it? 
Giving it up to a family member is not the issue.


Shingles! Shingles are the issue.
Isn't there a vaccine that can do shingles for me now?


I didn't overlap then like I normally would. There was only one bag that came with the kit, and I needed to stretch them out.


Again - shingles suck -
off to make a lighter purple paint for the exterior of the house.
Purple is Brae's favorite color.
 

House was blue before it was cream.




Having a cat lay on the roof  that you are trying to shingle does pose some problems.

Shingles are done - except for the roof ridge cap. 
Once all the glue is dry, I will paint the roof black. 
Once the paint is dry, I can have Brae pick a roof color - black, brown or dark grey.
I like to spray the roof with the Kyrlon's Make It Stone. It's easy, and gives it a variation of color like real shingles do.



This is pre-Brae.
House does look good - for an adult.
This would not be a fun house for a little person.
I need to make her first house fun.


I plan to go to Joanne's to check out their scrap book papers. 
I have seen a lot of cute papers that would be fun for a little person, yet still be scale to keep my 1:12 friends happy.


The kitchen is ok, but I am not opposed to funning it up for her.
But I am most certain Brae would want baseboards and trim around her doors.


I love this bathroom and would like to keep it the paper. The only little person problem is that the pieces are glued down. I am going to try to remove them so she can re-arrange the pieces.
Never know when you may need a tub in the bathroom!



If Brae does not become the dollhouse obsessed person like I am, she could always give the house to my other niece when she gets older.
Might just have to make another house.

 Lilo is always close by.

3 comments:

  1. Your niece is such a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job on the house and the shingles! I have so many little girl scrapbook papers - wish you could come by to pick some out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job on the house and the shingles! I have so many little girl scrapbook papers - wish you could come by to pick some out!

    ReplyDelete