Follow Me!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Loft, Stairs and Railings - oh my!








Problem with catching up with other blogs is the ideas that start popping in your head.


I have seen all these great deals on ebay that I missing out on. 


After browsing half scale miniatures and about ready to give up - I saw this:





 





Listed as a buy it now for $29. I figured if it was still available in the morning, then I would get it.


So I set my alarm for 5 am. Amazingly, it was still available.  Waiting impatiently for it to arrive.


(plus a shabby chic balloon shade I found that I used to have years ago) 





After pacing in my mini room looking for a place to put a new kit, I decided to stain the half scale stair componets.





tinkered around some






Played with the loft space in attic room.





I didn't have any paper on hand that would work as a boys room. I figured why not give the walls a texture appearance? Added water to drywall mud. What a mess. I will spare you the picture.



After cleaning all the mud off, I decided to paint. That looked like crap too, but my friends told me otherwise so I kept going. What else did I have to do? (besides laundry, vacuum, dishes...)



I put the paint on a little thicker with a paint brush, then dapped over it to remove the brush strokes. It gave the walls a textured look.



Painted the ceiling of the loft floor.



Not too bad, huh?



Painted dormer windows



I will patch the cracks





I actually thought ahead for once. Using a cheap MDF stair for spacers, I marked where the spindles will go.



Then drilled the holes. Wish I would have thought about that with the other stair cases.



Glued the loft floor
























1 comment: