Instead of paying for actual dollhouse paper, I found some soft pink textured scrapbook paper for the girls room.
After scraping/preparing the walls (which is nearly as bad as sanding) the paper was placed.
(Don't mid the giant foot in the kitchen)
The only lamp I had was this ugly blue living room style lamp.
Instead of buying a new light, I changed the lamp up some.
I painted the god awful blue a metallic pink and dry brushed a shimmery cream over top.
I used material from a sheer shirt to cover the lamp shade.
My cell phone does not show the details very well.
Maybe that is a blessing in disguise.
I need to pick up a miter box so the crown molding and baseboards can be added.
The living room was such a mess.
I secured my wire connections with solder.
Painted the back wall tan for now so it is not such a eye sore and placed the furniture in the room to get a visual of the layout.
Glued down the oak flooring.
Floor with one coat of polycrylic.
Overall view of first floor
At one point I had grand plans for a surgical room box to replicate a room in the office I work in.
The thought of creating a replica of the surgical bed was daunting so idea sat in limbo for 2 years.
I already had the stool and mayo stand for the room. They are unique pieces to just set aside.
Instead of a whole room, a little shadow box will work.
I painted the stool to match the color of stools in our office.
More progress was made this weekend on the box than what was done in the past 2 years.
Still lots to do, but it is a more obtainable goal now.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone