I had plans for all my rooms, but one. I knew it was going to be Clayton's room, but it is such a large area to have to fill with things. So a change had to be made. I decided to make another section of the house front opening. I have to be careful, as the roof of the gazebo porch won't allow for me to cut all the way to the right corner of the house. I referred back to Happily Ever After's house that the owner did for her customer.
In order to have better control of my fancy new Dremel, Jake helped me lay the house flat on her back to cut the opening.
Sure is a big house!!
In the process of cutting...
Here are some views - I have a lot to trim out, paint and polycrylic. The paint is still wet, but I wanted to get these photos up. I am relieved it turned out without destroying my house! The gaps will be filled with trim.
This front of part of the room will be a small office. An area that Dakoda won't need to access often for play, as it won't be fun. Claytons room will be in the front.
Also notice the new front door that I ordered for the house. This door was Brae's idea. Had to cut some of the detail work down for it to fit, but it looks great! Thanks Brae!